This year is supposed to be the International Year of Cooperatives and also the International Year of Sustainable Energy for All. It has also been designated Alan Turing Year. Hopefully we will able to differentiate between an autobot and a human being.
Movies and stories have been made depicting the year as apocalyptic. But we have to see this year through.
This year I feel will be characterized by the following.
- Intense competition in the mobile world in court and out of court.
- Better understanding of the complexity in the ultra connected world
- Some more solutions of the Clay institute challenge
- Another Rowling style book to look forward to a new set of movies
- Reduction in oil prices – is it too much hope for?
- A whole lot of I-told-you-so guys blogging for every calamity of any proportion worthwhile
- Some positive movement before the Kyoto Protocol commitment date is over